How do I add WatchData to MetaMask?
A short description how to add WatchData nodes to your MetaMask
Sign up for WatchData and get your first API key! A detailed guide on how to create an account, you can find here:
Now create a custom RPC configuration in MetaMask
Go to your MetaMask wallet and click on the network drop-down list at the top, selecting Custom RPC at the bottom.
Then you’ll see the following screen:
Let’s fill in these fields with custom RPC information.
- 1.For your network, you can assign any name you want. We will use the Ropsten test network and in this example, we will name it WatchData Ropsten
- 2.For the New RPC URL field, generate a key and copy the HTTP Link for the blockchain you need to work with.
Supported chains list here:
Your final HTTP link should look like:
3. Find the chain ID for the network you want to connect to.
- Ethereum Mainnet — chainID = 1
- Ethereum Ropsten — chainID = 3
4. Currency Symbol and Block Explorer URL are optional. For most chains, no input is needed here.
When you’re done, your configuration should look something like this:
And don’t worry if you get a warning, for example: “This Chain ID is currently used by the ropsten network.”. This is just MetaMask reminding you that you have a different configuration for the same chain, which is fine. Once you’ve filled in these information fields, just click Save!
And that’s it! You’re done!
We recorded a short video for you on how to add WatchData nodes to your Metamask